[Samba] Samba 3 with ADS problem

jasmine mary jselvaraj at tiaa-cref.org
Mon May 1 14:14:59 GMT 2006

Thank you for both. Sorry for this lare reply, as i was on vacation.

Mike,

I added the password server as SE.JASMINE.ORG (Case is ok?)

Fabio,

That document is realy superb. I coplied and likned the files as u said.

Still getent is not working for me. It displays only the local users
information.

./net ads testjoin
[2006/04/28 10:58:33, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
  ads_connect: No such file or directory
Join to domain is not valid

./tesparm gives
Load smb config files from /opt/samba/smb.conf
Processing section "[jasmine]"
Processing section "[opt]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

I commented the winbind separator = / to aviod the ERROR: the 'winbind
separator' parameter must be a single character.

 ./wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
Could not check secret

If I want to use Winbind to provide authentication for other services, i
need to configure the PAM. For my case (only samba Authentication), I guess
i dont need to configure PAm. Please advice me whther i need to configure
PAM.

In the document u gave net rpc join is used to join the domain. i used net
ads join. Does it make any difference? If i use the net rpc join, it states
that samba should be running on the Domain Controller. How samba can be run
on Windows machine. I am newbie to this. Sorry for this silly questions.

Thank you in advance for this help.

Jasmine