[Samba] \\<server>\<share> is not accessible. The network path was not found.

Steve A gmane at rowyerboat.com
Fri Mar 31 18:45:42 GMT 2006

I am running Samba 3.0.21b-2 on Fedora Core 5.

I created a new Unix user called sa using useradd -G users -m sa, and added
the smbuser using smbpasswd -a sa (and set the same password just in case).
The password is also the same as my Windows password.

When I try to access the shares on Samba from my XP-SP2 machine, I get the
following error:

"\\<server>\<share> is not accessible. You might nor have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions.  The network path was not found."

Either Yes/No to the "encrypted passwords = " option, and also specifying
the location of the Samba password file with the "smb passwd file = "
option, makes no difference.

The same configuration works on a seperate XP/Gentoo box.  Can anyone help
please?

Thanks,
Steve :)

--- Here is my smb.conf: