[Samba] Migrating from NT4 print server to Samba print server

marcos rocha mczueira at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 31 17:36:48 GMT 2006

Hi Kirk,

try this:

- use smbclient to copy all files from
\\file_server\print$\WIN40\0 to
/var/lib/samba/printers/WIN40
- use chmod to change de default permission on the
/var/lib/samba/printers/WIN40 to 777
- use rpcclient to add the device drivers and register
this driver to the printer
- use chown to change the owner of the files on
/var/lib/samba/printers/WIN40/0 to root.root
- use chmod to change the permissions to the default.

[]s
Marcos