[Samba] performance regression between 30.14a and 3.0.20

Greg Dickie greg at max-t.com
Fri Mar 31 14:49:02 GMT 2006

Yes, it is the win32 version, but its an old one (1998), not sure how
the config file will carry to a more recent version.

IOmeter Access specifications:
    Transfer req. size = 64Kb & 8Kb
    Percent of Access Specification = 100%
    Type of Operation: 100% read; 100% write; 50% read
    Percent Random/Sequential Distribution: 100% sequential
    Queue Depth = 8
    Reply Size: No Reply
    Burst Length = 25 I/Os
    Align I/Os on: 64Kb & 8Kb
    Ramp up Time = 30sec
    Run Time = 3 min
    # of clients used: 1 to 9 clients (Linear Stepping)

Note that the problem is visible with only one client.

The clients are GbE as is the server, not sure if you will see a
difference on 100BT.

Thank you very much for looking at this, please let me know if there is
anything I can do to help.

Regards,
Greg

--