[Samba] changing passwords from Windows XP Pro workstations

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Thu Mar 30 21:48:03 GMT 2006

I'm wondering about the pros and cons of simplifying the default chat -
maybe something like:

*password* %n\n *password* %n\n *success*

This should work on my system as well. I'm not sure about the system
from the "Example 3.4. 130 User Network with tdbsam [globals] Section",
since the final "success" condition may or may not report "success"
after the password is reported changed.

Anyway, a simpler default dialogue would make the chat more immune to
differences between systems, so things like "retype" versus "re-enter"
wouldn't come into play.