[Samba] date created attribute doesn't seem right

g wenzel gawenzel at speakeasy.net
Thu Mar 30 18:25:09 GMT 2006

Thank you responding, but please understand that I didn't compile samba.  I run debian sarge and I installed from a debian package.  Furthermore, we have a snap server which runs a locked down version of linux with samba.  Both machines have the following problem:

When I copy files from a windows machines to the samba servers, the 'date created' attribute is always the same value as the 'date modified' attribute.  The 'date modified' attribute remains the same, but the 'date created' changes as noted above.

Can anyone on this list verify that their samba server doesn't have the same type of behaviour, especially if you run debian.

Thanks,
Gerald