[Samba] Access shares over IPSEC

bdbruin at aub.nl bdbruin at aub.nl
Thu Mar 30 09:11:27 GMT 2006

If you become a 'local' ip (eg. meaning a normal internal ip in your LAN)
wins should already been covered.

However you VPN concentrator or DHCP provide should forward you the ip of
the wins server.

To check this: use an ip from a server to connect to eg: \\<SERVERIP>
If this works, your wins server is not forwarded. You might be able the
configure this manually in the properties of your UMTS connection, however
I do not know if that will work.

Another issues could be the MTU of the connection. IPSEC adds some
overhead to the connection so packets from the server might not reach the
other side.

Good luck.