[Samba] Adding FreeBSD Samba Server to windows 2003 ADS

Guillermo Gutierrez ggutierrez at marketscan.com
Thu Mar 30 01:45:54 GMT 2006

Hi, I am trying to add a FreeBSD 6.0 Samba Server to a windows 2003 ADS domain and utilize winbind/kerberos for authenticating domain users on it.
I have already done this with a Gentoo Samba server (which after I realized how, turned out to be very easy) but it is a lot tougher to do with FreeBSD.

Has anyone on the list had any experience with it. The samba in the FreeBSD ports is version 3.0.14a but I downloaded the source for 3.0.21c so that I can use the latest version.

thanks,

Guillermo Gutierrez
Development Systems Engineer
Market Scan Information Systems Inc.