[Samba] domain controller cannot be contacted

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Wed Mar 29 15:59:07 GMT 2006

 If it always happens after a reboot you could try to set the
connection timeout lower, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I had this problem also, what you also can so let you samba
server act as wins server, and put the wins ip in you XP configuration.

Als ALWAYS put 2 WINS IP in even if they are the same, this is because
of strange windows behavor.

Also check if your server is the master browser of the network.
if not, make sure only 1 server and preffered the samba server,
the master browser.

Louis

E6D-8912-4E18-