[Samba] samba 3.0.21c, AIX 52 ML7 gcc 3.3.2, Error authenticating root in SWAT

mark.cuthbert at yorkshirewater.co.uk mark.cuthbert at yorkshirewater.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 15:34:20 GMT 2006

After managing to compile samba successfully, I now try to test SWAT,
before attempting to join a domain.

When I connect a browser to port 901 on the new instance of samba I get the
SWAT login, but when I use correct local credentials for the root user I do
not get authenticated, rather the logon box pops up again , and after 3
attempts get Bad Authorisation.

In swat.log I get:-

[2006/03/29 16:25:19, 0] auth/pampass.c:smb_pam_error_handler(73)
  smb_pam_error_handler: PAM: Init Failed : System error

Any Suggestions?

Regards

Mark

Find out how to protect your home from frost this winter at www.yorkshirewater.com

YORKSHIRE WATER - WINNER OF THE UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2004 AND 2005

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682