[Samba] SAMBA install on IRIX 6.5

McDougald, James D. (Contr) James.McDougald at ngc.com
Mon Mar 27 13:02:47 GMT 2006

 I am Running IRIX 6.5.28 and I am still having this problem. I just can
not get ADS support in Samba to compile. I have Kerberos and ldap and I
can even use kinit to authenticate against the ads server in the Windows
domain, but the Samba install chokes and says libldap is required for
ads support. I am at a loss. This does not make sense unless the
configure script can not follow symlinks as the ldap libs live in
/usr/freeware/lib32 and I have them symlinked to /usr/lib.

Anyone running samba 3.0 or higher for IRIX 6.5.28 willing to share
built binaries?

As an asides, I can build samba 3.0.21c for this host with no issues as
a normal NT domain member without ADS.

Thank You

J. Darrin McDougald