[Samba] Re: Client login delays - especially after reboot (solved!)

Nigel Home nigel at nkilner.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 08:08:35 GMT 2006

I found it hard to believe that my config or client settings were
causing the problem, since I never had any problem running samba 2.
I searched google  for :- 'wins_srv_is_dead'  as my logs suggested that
there may be a samba problem doing wins lookups.

I found a couple of posts refering to a bug in versions around 3.0.12 so
I decided to update my samba to the current release 3.0.21c The problem
has now dissapeared!

Thanks for your help Barry.

Kilner Vacuumation Co. Ltd. http://www.kilner-vacuum-lifting.com
Tel. +44 1246 416441        Fax. +44 1246 290573