[Samba] Authentication via Domain Trusts

Daniel Draper daniel at boxensystems.com
Tue Mar 28 06:59:39 GMT 2006

Hi List,

I have a linux proxy server authenticating via PAM winbind to an Active
Directory server. The linux server is a member of the domain - lets call
it APPLES. This works fine but the APPLES server has a trust
relationship with another server that hosts the domain ORANGES. Now, if
I want to authenticate to an account on the ORANGES domain but the linux
box is a member of the APPLES domain I would want to do something like
username: ORANGES\daniel with my password. This, however, does not work.

Any ideas?

Daniel