[Samba] Linux box talks to XP Pro, XP Pro permissions denied on LinuxBox

Michael Munger michael at highpoweredhelp.com
Mon Mar 27 06:48:03 GMT 2006

Thanks for helping me resolve the problem. It ended up being that I was
matching the case of the accounts on the windows box.

I was creating accounts on the linux box that were identical (case-wise) to
the Linux machine, and samba just couldn't figure it out. When I changed
everything on the Linux box to lower case, I had much better results.

I also disabled SELinux.

Everything works like a charm now!

Thanks everyone!