[Samba] need help running samba 3.0.11 with security=domain (again)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Mar 25 21:30:46 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 08:20 +0000, Whitaker, Adrian N wrote:
> My original post didn't seem to work properly - so I am trying again ...
>
> I am having problems getting security=domain to work properly with Samba
> 3.0.11  (this seems to be the recommended configuration for the
> application which I use - ClearCase)

Please upgrade to 3.0.21c, set 'security=ads', and start winbindd (the
upgrade fixes bugs, the 'security=ads' option allows use of kerberos in
AD, and starting winbind (even if not used in nsswitch.conf) allows use
of the a persistent connection to the DC).

The issues appear to be problems contacting your domain controller, so
you may wish to take a network sniff and see what's going on.

Andrew Bartlett