[Samba] trustdom question

Donald W Watson dwatson at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 23 18:30:32 GMT 2006

After successfully setting up a trusting relationship between two linux
domains, it is quite a long time (5 minutes+) before I can make a
connection from the trusted domain to the trusting domain.  I have
experimented with "lm announce = yes" and setting "lm interval" to a very
small number, but monitoring network activity with ethereal seems to
indicate that setting lm interval to a very small number does not increase
the frequency of announcements.

Is there a way I can shorten the time it takes to make a successful
connection, or even force an immediate announcement?

Sincerely,    Don Watson
Linux Technology and Solutions; Beaverton, OR
503-578-4861/TL: 775-4861; dwatson at us.ibm.com