[Samba] Samba PDC/Windows BDC domain sync

James F. Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 23 15:21:08 GMT 2006

I have everything in place to move to a Samba/Heimdal/OpenLDAP auth
database and have just discovered that some of the Windows products
we use are required to run on a domain controller. Since domain
sync doesn't work between Samba and NT4 it looks like I'm stuck:
either ditch all the software we run on domain controllers, stay with
our current 2-auth-db system, or move at least our Windows machines
to AD, none of which I want to do.

I appears that XAD 2.0 may be able to do what I want, and I'm checking
on it's availablity, but I was wondering if anyone has any bright ideas
for getting the Samba PDC to do what I want. Right now it looks like the
best thing to do is to hack up a sync tool for WinNT <-> OpenLDAP to keep
the passwords in sync.

Thanks for any information,