[Samba] Samba/LDAP Domains and multiple File Servers

Matt Ingram mingram at cbnco.com
Wed Mar 22 15:22:15 GMT 2006

> ----
> That sort of makes sense.
>
> How are the scripts being accessed on the BDC?
> Are you running them from command line on each BDC?
>
> I hope that the LDAP referenced in your smb.conf is your 'master' LDAP
> server and that the changes to the master propogate to the
> 'slaves' (your BDC) and that make take a few seconds.
>
> Craig

I am just running the scripts from the command line on the BDC (so far
just the one BDC).  Our current plan for the domain is:

Building A:
PDC is a server that will just handle the the duties of being a PDC,
little to no fileshares.  The Master LDAP is running on this server.
BDCa1 is the primary file server for Building A

Building B
BDCb1 is the primary file server for Building B

Building C
BDCc1 is the primary file server for Building C

Currently, the BDC I've talked about so far, is just a dummy server for
testing.  And as of right now, we are not using a Slave LDAP server.

Thanks again, Craig.

--
Matt Ingram
Intermediate Unix Administrator, IS