[Samba] Samba/LDAP Domains and multiple File Servers

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Mar 22 14:42:08 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 07:16 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> The intent of samba software is that PDC and any/all BDC's have the
> exact same LDAP data - at least as far as all Samba user/group/computer
> attributes are concerned and a BDC would have it's own SID, not the same
> SID as the PDC. That would track the methodology of a Windows NT 4 type
> DOMAIN.

Sorry to get into the discussion, the previous statement is not clear to
me and I would like to make it clear that in an NT4 style domain all the
DCs must have the same SID, as the DCs have only the DOMAIN SID, this is
different from domain members which have a local machine SID but
recognize domain users with the domain SID.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer