[Samba] Authentication problems with win2k3 domain controller

Fredrik Lindberg fredrik.lindberg at tangram.se
Wed Mar 22 13:35:57 GMT 2006

Thomas Limoncelli wrote:
> Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
>> [libdefaults]
>>         default_realm      = MYREALM.COM
>>         default_etypes     = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
>>         default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
>
> Have you tried removing the last two entries?
>

> -TL

I tried to remove them and re-joined the domain but I'm still
getting " Failed to verify incoming ticket".
But I'm now getting several "Message size is incompatible with
encryption type" for the enc types 16, 5, 3, 2 and 1
I also got a
[2006/03/22 14:29:41, 3]
libads/kerberos_verify.c:ads_secrets_verify_ticket(249)
   ads_secrets_verify_ticket: enc type [23] failed to decrypt with error
Decrypt integrity check failed

Well, at least something happened :)

	Fredrik Lindberg