[Samba] SambaSamAccount

lenny at edpausa.com lenny at edpausa.com
Tue Mar 21 23:50:26 GMT 2006

I don't understand what's happening then.

I copied and loaded the schema,
added objectclass SambaSamAccount and sambaSID that
matches uidNumber.

when I do smbpasswd -a user, to populate ldap with windows passwords,
I get complaints that userdn.... "has unknown object class "sambaAccount".

if I look at the error log file on the ldap server, it also
shows modifications attempts with non-existing objectclass
sambaAccount, but why isn't it using sambaSamAccount ??

I compiled without ldapsam, even tried explicitly using
--without-ldapsam.

 /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd --version
Version 3.0.21c

CC=cc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/ssl/lib" ./configure --with-ldap --with-pam --with-ads
--with-krb5=/usr/local/ --with-smbwrapper