[Samba] Failed to fetch error message

Ivan Ordonez iordonez at nature.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 21 23:26:53 GMT 2006

I am trying to migrate our Windows NT 4 Domain to Samba 3.0.21b and got the
error message below when I run the command:

"net rpc vampire -S myPDC -U administrator%mypasswd"

Fetching DOMAIN database
Failed to fetch domain database: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

What I want to accomplish is to remove Windows NT 4.0 server as PDC and
make Samba our Primary Domain Controller.  Looking at Chapter 9 "Migrating
NT 4 Domain to Samba 3" on Samba-3 By Example book that it is possible to
merge or migrate NT domain to Samba using tdbsam backend.

Can someone please point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.