[Samba] Changed the IP address of Samba server, can't logon

Douglas Phillipson phillipd at oem.doe.gov
Tue Mar 21 19:41:50 GMT 2006

After changing the IP address of our samba server (3.0.10), our users
can't logon.  We use ldap authentication, which all worked fine for more
than a year prior.  The samba log shows attempts as "guest" rather than
the user's name.  Also logging in as root on an XP box translates to
user guest, which is passed to LDAP and of course can't authenticate.
I've removed the entries from wins.dat for all workstations and removed
browse.dat from the DC.  I've removed the PC from the domain and added
it back, still the same problem.  How and why is my username being
translated to "guest"?

Thanks

Doug P