[Samba] SWAT is working but shows smbd/nmbd: not running

Zoran Ljubisic powersoft at bj.t-com.hr
Mon Mar 20 13:57:40 GMT 2006

Jörg Nissen wrote:
> It is most probably not a mainboard issue. You should post your
> smb.conf here as SWAT communicates with smbd/nmbd over 127.0.0.1 and
> ports 137, 138, 445. So you should make sure that communication is
> allowed.

I am not using firewall but looks like ports 137 and 138 are not opened:

server:/var/log/samba # nmap localhost

Starting nmap 3.81 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-03-20 14:55 CET
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
(The 1649 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
53/tcp   open  domain
110/tcp  open  pop3
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
199/tcp  open  smux
445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
631/tcp  open  ipp
901/tcp  open  samba-swat
953/tcp  open  rndc
5801/tcp open  vnc-http-1
5901/tcp open  vnc-1
5902/tcp open  vnc-2

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.326 seconds
server:/var/log/samba #

What should I do to open this ports on Suse 9.3 prof?

Zoran