[Samba] Samba 4 Clustering

Abhijith Das adas at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 23:14:44 GMT 2006

Hi List,
 From what I've read in many mailing lists, Samba 3 is not truly
clusterable.

 From what I understand, people have been able to cluster Samba with
varying levels of success. Transparent failover and active-active file
serving ( 2 or more smbs serving the same files (through a cluster
filesystem like GFS) from multiple cluster nodes simultaneously ) are
two things that are not possible with the current Samba. Or are there
more issues as well?

There were discussions however, that mentioned clustering being scoped
into Samba 4. Can somebody elaborate on clustering support in Samba 4?

Many thanks,
--Abhi