[Samba] Domain authentification problem with LDAP

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Mar 17 18:13:16 GMT 2006

James Taylor wrote:
> The LDAP users you have created (including the machines) need to have the
> objectclass: sambaSAMAccount and the subsequent fields.  What are your user
> add scripts and machine add scripts you are using.  Also, I have found that
> the IDEALX tools have an error in the smbldap-useradd script which includes
> that when you use the add machine switch the sambaSAMAccount information is
> not added to the LDAP database.  I do have a copy of this modified file if
> you need it.  Otherwise if you can edit the script yourself.
>
> James

james, i've been paging through this thread, and i would like to see
your change to the idealx scripts as i have had the same issue:
smbldap-useradd does not properly add a machine account to ldap.

i am using smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1.2.fc4.rf.rpm from the rpmforge.net repo.

thank you.
--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: