[Samba] SAMBA+LDAP in a Workgroup

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:45:32 GMT 2006

LDAP is a heavyweight store for massive amounts of passwords and extended
data needed to run 100s or 1000s of PCs. In a workgroup there is no central
password store. In a workgroup each windows client has local users and would
never consult a central authentication database so the LDAP would only hold
accounts for the local Linux machine/samba users.

This is a Sledgehammer + nut situation

Look at the normal samba database

Regards Rob