[Samba] roaming profiles and quota limits

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 15 16:53:32 GMT 2006

Toni Casueps wrote:

> I have a Samba server where I established disk quotas for each user.
> When I check the free space from Windows its shows correctly the used
> space, but not the total space: I have set 100 MB soft limit, 200 MB
> hard limit and one user has used 150 MB, and it shows "150 MB used / 0
> bytes free". When the user logs off, Windows complains that it can't
> store the roaming profile due to lack of disk space, which is untrue and
> causes some problems like files that the users store and are not there
> the next day.
>
> I guess Samba gets the total space from the soft quota limit and not
> from the hard quota limit. Is this correct and if so can I change it?

Use the policy editor to manage user quotas.

If the user is over quota, he/she will not be able to log out, and will
be presented a list of the largest files etc.

Once the profile size is below the size set up in the policy editor, the
user will be able to log out.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org