[Samba] Delay with printer properties
mkorth at viisage.com
Wed Mar 15 09:43:52 GMT 2006
Thanks, Martin, that's it.
I made these changes to the registry and everything works finde now:
1. Edit the registry observing usual caution.
2. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModePerUser
3. Remove all VALUES for Network printers of the form:
4. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModes2
5. Remove all VALUES for Network printers of the form:
Martin Zielinski wrote:
> Hi Markus,
> could you take a look at
> and see, if this meets your problem.
> Markus Korth wrote:
>> Greetings Samba Fans!
>> I'm experiencing a strange problem which started after installation of
>> Service Pack 2 for Windows XP:
>> When a user tries to print there is a long delay (sometimes around 2
>> minutes) before the printer properties page is opened. This only affects
>> Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed.
>> I did a 'tcpdump' on the printserver and observed something quite
Senior Executive - Systemadministration
Direct Phone: + 49 / 234 9787-57
Direct Fax: +49 / 234 9787-77
Viisage Technology AG
More information about the samba