[Samba] how to upgrade to Samba-3.0.21c

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Tue Mar 14 15:46:40 GMT 2006

stop samba
mv /usr/local/samba /usr/local/samba.old
Do the build
cp /usr/local/samba.old/lib/smb.conf /usr/local/samba/lib
join to domain/realm again (some people copy .tdb files (private/var
directories to new version, but join does the trick more easily)
start samba

Now you can fall back to old version if new doesn't work.

David

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011

>>> "User 1" <user1 at lippogeneral.com> 3/14/2006 5:38:03 AM >>>

Dear All,

I am running samba-3.0.10-1.fc2 on  my FC2, now I want to upgrade it
Samba 3.0.21c . any body please inform me how to safely upgrade? ..

many thanks in advance

Regards
Winanjaya