[Samba] Can not cancel print job

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Mar 14 14:07:53 GMT 2006

Thanks for the reply and yes it would be great if printing was updated,
but it is the old story of priority to the code which needs doing.

Anyway, I have fixed my problem by editing the code in the function
unpack_pjob in printing.c, so that it strips out any @hostname from the
printer queue (pjob->user). It is not how it should be done, but it will
keep me and my users happy.

diff printing/printing.c printing/printing.orig
311,314d310
<       /* Remove any @hostname from print jobs         */
<       /* e.g. andrew at medusa.dcs.bbk.ac.uk => andrew   */
<         sscanf(pjob->user, "%[a-z0-9]*s@", pjob->user);