[Samba] Limit of group membership for a user?

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 14 00:09:51 GMT 2006

Greeting all,

Sorry, I previously send my message in a wrong topic. I have a strange
problem between Samba and OPenLDAP. Here the version.

Samba: 3.0.21
OpenLDAP: 2.2.28

Problem:
My Windows user can login to the domaine by a Samba PDC, but when the
user try to enter a sharing ressouces on the same server nothing append.
This user have all the good permission.

Solution:
After some research (in samba log), I found that this user was in 76
differents groups (Don’t ask why, it is a special case lol), and the
fact is samba don’t seem to support this. If I remove the user of 12
groups then samba authorise the user to access to share again.

Question:
My question is, why samba do not seem to support a user in 76 differents
groups, but support 64?

And yes I have the log and can reproduce this problem again .

Robert