[Samba] is there a possibility to start a programm from samba on a windows machine?]

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Mar 13 13:59:16 GMT 2006

Henrik Zagerholm wrote:
> I guess the Imperial Army decided to remove it =)
> But you can always pipe a time a few seconds away to the command....

If the workstation clock is out of sync, then you're out of luck.
Even if the clock is in sync, you can specify at jobs with minute
precision - so if you intended to run a script, it may wait a minute for
the task, and if you're unlucky, you'll wait 24 hours for it to complete
(if you only give time (HH:MM) to at, and you're "late" a few secs,
it'll be executed the next day.

> Hopefully the Samba team will put together the long awaited psexec
> utility soon. =)

True.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski