[Samba] Re: Why do un-groupmap'ed Unix groups show up in Windows?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Mar 13 12:53:06 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> The unmapped groups are still part of the user's token.  So they
> have to be reported somehow.

Would it be a more correct understanding of "net groupmap" to describe it as mapping between Unix / Samba groups which do not have the same name but should be considered as equiv, and if the names are
the same then the command is not needed because the default behavior is to pass along those groups to Samba... I.E. would be redundant?

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems