[Samba] Unable to add computer to domain

Wesley Hobbie whobbie81-linuxgeek at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 16:57:54 GMT 2006

Ok, I did not know that.  I modified the two files in the /etc/smbldap-tools
folder, although I am still getting the same error.

I looked at the Samba archive for March and I notice some other people seem
to be having the same issue.
March 2 - Bevan Agard
March 6 - Hakan BAYINDIR

I try to add my Windows 2003 Server to the domain and I get an error that
the user name could not be found.  That is when I tried to manually execute
the command that Samba is instructed to use when adding a machine, which is
when I got the error about it cannot contact the LDAP server.