[Samba] Unable to add computer to domain

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Mar 11 17:35:28 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 11:10 -0600, Wesley Hobbie wrote:
> I have an OpenLDAP backend, Samba knows how to talk to it, my Samba users
> are stored in LDAP and file shares work fine authenticating to the LDAP
> server.
> I tried executing smbldap-useradd -w server02 on the command-line and got
> the following error:
> failed to perform search; Can't contact LDAP server at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/smbldap_tools.pm line 362, <DATA> line 283.
> Error looking for next uid at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/smbldap_tools.pm line 993, <DATA> line 283.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
----
sounds as though you've been using tools other than smbldap to setup
user accounts, etc.

smbldap has to be configured to talk to your LDAP server if you expect
it to work.

depending upon which version of smbldap you are using, your config files
will be in various places but I think the current place
is /etc/smbldap-tools directory these days.

Craig