[Samba] Backup & Restore Samba Configuration

Lake-Wind lake-wind at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 15:42:20 GMT 2006

The motherboard in our Samba server fried. I have re-installed
our operating system (SUSE 10) and was wondering what is the
best way to restore our Samba server? Can it be as simple as
copying the smb.config and smbpasswd files back into the
/etc/samba directory? That's what I am hoping. If I just copy
the smb.config and the smbpasswd files back to the samba
directory will the machine trusts, users and passwords just
work? If not, what is the proper procedure for restoring.

Thank you for your help!

Mike