[Samba] Using ntlm_auth to authneticate to an NTLMv2 AD

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 08:28:24 GMT 2006

While we're trying to get the tracing for this, I was wondering if there
was another solution we could implement.

Our AD team have put my linux box into its own part of the AD tree i.e.
ou=linux,dc=hull, dc=ac,dc=uk

I don't know anything about AD but was wondering if it were possible to
change the security requirements for the "linux" portion of the tree to
be NTLM. I know this works

Would this be doable?