[Samba] AD users from different AD domains

Lionel Déruaz lderuaz at free.fr
Thu Mar 9 22:29:27 GMT 2006

Hello,

i am using samba 3.0.21rc1 (winbind in particular) on RHES server for a
squid project : to authenticate users or check in they are member of some
groups on AD W2K servers.

We have a single AD forest, whith different domains, A & B.

The group, in domain A, we use for our authentication process contains
user from the 2 domains A & B.

While using wbinfo, i cannot succeed to get a positive answer when i
ask if a user from domain B belongs or not to the group. (but the user
belongs to this group)

i would like to know if it is possible to check the membership of a
user in a group of another AD domain ?

I hope it is clear enough  :)

thanks in advance