[Samba] Missing Driver Options

Daniel Haas spass.haas at web.de
Thu Mar 9 15:26:08 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I work with a CUPS/Samba Printserver and I allocate the drivers via the point n print methode.

Yesterday I get a new HP Laserjet 2420. I installed the HP-driver with the APW of Windows XP. Everything seams to be ok. I printed a testpage without any problems. In the next step I tested the new options of this printer (duplex,...). But I saw, that the driver did not offer this options.

I made a local installation of this driver and I got the options like duplex-print,... . Than I deleted the driver on the server and made a manual installation via rpcclient. That worked well. But after the download and a view into the properties I got the same problem.

The driver works like the most HP-Drivers with unidrv.dll, unidrvui.dll, unires.dll and stdnames.dll. I have installed several HP Printers. Can that be a problem (wrong version)?

I am not sure, wether this problem associates to Samba. But I wonder that the local installation is correct.

The version of samba is 3.0.13 on a SuSE Linux 9.3.

Thanks for your help

Greets
Daniel