[Samba] Samba, DOS, ARJ

Josef Mádl jmadl at kts.cz
Thu Mar 9 14:39:34 GMT 2006

Hello All,

I have problem on workstations with PC-DOS 2000 with MS Network Client 3.0 connected
to Samba 3.0.14a-0.4 (default on SLES 9) when I want to use ARJ.EXE (latest version 2.84) and unpack
archive xxxx.arj. When this archive is on network drive shared by samba unpacking does infinite loop.

For example arj l x:\xxx.arj produce never ending listing (and start of this listing is very slow). When this
archive file is on network drive shared by windows (2k or XP) or NetServer (windows sharing on IBM
iSeries - AS/400) all work fine.

I don't know where start with this problem. Can somebody help me ?

(Sorry for my "Czech english")

Josef