[Samba] net ads leave failed.

Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr
Thu Mar 9 14:04:02 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I have the latest version of Samba (samba-3.0.21c) installed on a SLES9
linux server, with all the related Suse packages.
I had link the server correctly to the domain, but discovered a pb with a
workstation acting as mster browser.
Since it is down, i have a bad result with wbinfo -t, althought net ads
testjoin succeed. I beleived that either wbinfo -t result or net ads
testjoin result tell if the server is correctly joined to the domain. Is
there any explanation about the differences?

I think there is a problem with domain link. when i do wbinfo -u winbindd
daemon crash with the error in log :
  INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 20631 (3.0.21c-3.1.4-SUSE-SLES9)
  [...]
  PANIC: internal error

To try to correct the problem, i wanted to leave the domain, and to rejoin
it. Is it a bad idea?

The problem is that net ads leave failed as well, with "ldap_delete_ext_s
failed with error code 50". Is it an authentification problem? I can only
get from LDAP source "#define LDAP_OTHER 0x50", so no help from there.

Here are some step i did :

# net ads testjoin
Join is OK
# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was  (0x0)
Could not check secret
# net ads status -> seems correct, got correct information
# net rpc trustdom list -Uuser1 -> Also correct, give the SID of trusted
domains.