[Samba] Authentication problems during a Windows DC reboot

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 02:11:13 GMT 2006

On 3/8/06, Thomas Limoncelli <limoncelli at web.de> wrote:

> Billy Macdonald wrote:
> >     The samba service is joined to the AD domain and works
> great.  However
> > this morning the NT admin team needed to reboot two of our 11 domain
> > controllers.  During the time winbindd doesn't seem to have been able to
> > switch to a different server and didn't stop working again until after
> we
> > restarted winbindd.
>
> What errors do you see in the winbindd log(s)? We've suffered similar
> problems with 3.0.21b and AFAIK they're now fixed in 3.0.21c (check the
> release notes for socket-related fixes). We'd need to see your log to
> tell whether your 3.0.14a problems are the same.
>
> BTW, what's the content of your krb5.conf (if any)?
>

> -TL

I don't have a krb5.conf.  I think it uses DNS to find the Kerberos servers.

I have attached the excerpt from my log.winbindd from when the problem
started.  The messages at the end go on for another 30 minutes until the
winbindd service was reset.

The server xxx at XXX.XXX in the logs isn't a Domain Controller.  I'm not
really sure why it's even being referenced in this log file.

Thanks,
Billy