[Samba] date created attribute doesn't seem right

g wenzel gawenzel at speakeasy.net
Wed Mar 8 21:27:42 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I've setup a samba server (ver 3.0.14a-3) on debian sarge.  When I copy files to the server, the 'date created' attribute is always the same value as the 'date modified' attribute.  The 'date modified' attribute remains the same, but the 'date created' changes as noted above.

I also have a snap server which has the same type of behavior.  It is my understanding that snap servers run samba.

Is this a bug with samba or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Gerald Wenzel