[Samba] Authentication problems during a Windows DC reboot

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:48:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

     I currently have samba (samba-3.0.14a) on a fedora server (Fedora Core
release 1 (Yarrow)).  I use it only for NTLM authentication for squid (
squid-2.5.STABLE9).

    The samba service is joined to the AD domain and works great.  However
this morning the NT admin team needed to reboot two of our 11 domain
controllers.  During the time winbindd doesn't seem to have been able to
switch to a different server and didn't stop working again until after we
restarted winbindd.

    Is this expected?  I tried searching the archives but didn't have much
luck.

Thanks,
Billy

smb.conf: