[Samba] Dos clients on Samba 3.0.12

Raphael Neve raph at microtec.fr
Wed Mar 8 06:57:59 GMT 2006

Hello there,

I recently replaced a server running Samba 2.x with a brand new one
running Samba 3.0.12.
I had a couple DOS machines running the Microsoft Client which worked
fine on the old server. On the new one, they can log in fine, and do a
"dir" on the remote drive, but when I try to copy a file to or from the
server, the DOS machine hangs, and on the server I get a "Connection
reset by peer" in the log.smbd.

Does anyone have any idea what this might  be ?

I snouted about a bit on the internet and it seems there might be a
speed disparity, and the data is going to fast for the DOS machines....
I tried playing with the "sendfile" share parameter but with no
noticeable difference.

Thanks,
Raphael Neve