[Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!!

bart3r andrewbarter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:08:56 GMT 2006

When I try to mount a windows share, I am getting the following error
message:

mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I am running this command:
mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/Clinic /mnt/clinic/ -o
username=administrator,password=xxxxx,rw

In /var/log/messages, i get the following:
 kernel:  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -11

I cannot find any documentation about this error, and no one else
seems to be getting it.
Does anyone know anything about this problem, and how I can resolve
this issue.

Any info would be great.
Thankyou.
Andrew.