[Samba] [Repost] Offline Files No Go

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Mar 7 21:05:24 GMT 2006

Hi Peter,
i dont know any bugs with samba and offline files, sync is a complex
stuff on native windows servers too,
on the samba side there is only this parameter to controll them, so
other stuff is client related
which can be very fine controlled by adms or/and local machine policies.
for sure you should have the latest samba version , and a brand new win
client for testing with all patches  installed.
i recommend study tech net working with offline files.
As i did synced homes  for laptops  last time i had no problem with it,
but i was not
very lucky about the gereral  implementation  of this feature in windows.
so i did it with rsync wich works more nice.
theres only one good stuff and this is the general controll of this
behavior  in a domain
from NTconfig.pol which i like very much
Best Regards