[Samba] NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT

Raj Talwar rajtalwar7 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 17:53:18 GMT 2006

Hi, I am using winbindd to authenticate a computer. The computer account exists in the W2K domain controller. The authentication comes back with the error NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT. No session key is returned.

  Looking at the samba code it seems this error means that the account is a workstation account (which is correct). In samba 4 code base there is a flag (MSV1_0_ALLOW_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT) which if set allows workstations to authenticate.

  My question is if there is any config change that can be done on W2K to allow workstation authentication. Any other way of getting this done are also welcome.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Thank you.

  Raj.