[Samba] Samba port required

Andrew Nash nashcom at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 7 17:54:35 GMT 2006

I know it’s a dirty word around here, and I apologise in advance, but I need a version of Samba later than the version 3.0.10 that I’m currently running on a SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 box.

  Does anyone have a working port that I could purchase?

  Failing that, does anyone know what I’d need to do to be able to compile and link the source for myself.  I’ve installed the SCO UDK and GNU tools.  I downloaded the latest Samba source, and ran the configure script.  However, the Make process failed – I don’t have a note of any error messages with me at present.  Do you know if any modifications to the source are required for UnixWare, or if any special compiler switches are required.  I’ve never used a Unix compiler before, so I’m pretty much in the dark.

  I’d really appreciate some help with this.  And please don’t forget - I’m only a SCO-user!

  David